Lockheed Martin Mechanical Engineer Manager- Propulsion in Centennial, Colorado
Description: Manager of FBM Structures Engineering, reporting to Senior Manager, FBM Structures, Ordnance, & Controls. Manage a growing team of 10 multi-disciplined engineers/scientists and multiple suppliers supporting FBM Operational, Development, and Advanced programs. Responsible for the FBM missile body structural elements as well as Strategic Weapons Facilities (SWF) support. Some travel required/recommended to support supplier engagements and a multi-geographic team (SVL/SCF/DEN). Strong focus on long range planning, muti-faceted support of FBM design programs, as well as model-based engineering and advanced manufacturing projects.
The manager will ensure that organizational and supplier performance meets program objectives of schedule, cost, reliability, quality, and performance. Develop and communicate objectives, strategies and schedules in support of program/organizational goals. Make presentations to all levels of internal and customer management.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to: subsystem technical and program management, coordination with all appropriate internal/external stakeholders, program management schedule/budget, establishing strategic direction for trade studies, design analysis, engineering documentation, failure investigation and corrective action, manufacturing liaison, and operational support.
Desired Skills: • Missile and/or aerospace related education or experience
• Experience with FBM processes and products
• Experience with Earned Value Management (EVM)
• Controls Account Management (CAM) experience
• Experience with Material Review Board (MRB) processes
• Risk and opportunity experience with an understanding of continuous improvement concepts
• Demonstrated ability to develop strong working relationships with a wide range of personalities and capabilities
• Demonstrated ability to lead change and evolve an organization
• Experience with CPE competencies: design, qualification, and integration of mechanical hardware
• Demonstrated Full Spectrum Leadership behaviors
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.