Lockheed Martin Mechanical Engineer - Cabling Lead in Centennial, Colorado
Description: The successful candidate will be responsible for cable research, design, development, and production support for the Interconnects and Connectors Team on the Fleet Ballistic Missile (FBM) Program. They will be the Production Support Lead for FBM cables, with responsibilities including: manufacturing engineering liaison with the Cable Shop and the overall remote site teams; problem investigations of technical issues to determine root cause and corrective action; program planning support from a cost, technical and schedule perspective; conceptual design, trade studies, drawing generation and documentation release; and testing requirements. Selected candidate will also interface with other disciplines, such as Systems Engineering, Configuration Management, Electrical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Materials and Processes Engineering, Quality, and our Customer Partners to ensure program requirements are being met. Light to moderate travel may be required as part of the Reshaping FBM effort for 2019/2020. The candidate must be able to work autonomously, delivering the work products and being accountable for milestone achievement at a high level of reporting.
Desired Skills: * Working knowledge and minimum of 1-2 years utilization of Creo Parametric Cabling, Zuken E3, and EPDM tools or equivalent
* Exposure to DFx Principles (Design for Affordability, Design for Manufacturability, etc.)
* Missile/Aerospace related experience
* Familiarity with FBM specifications/procedures
* Familiarity and experience partnering with SP/SPF Customer Partners
* Experience with QNotes (SAP/ERP), PMP Database, FAST Items, DaSI, and FBM Web (Livelink)
* Previous CPE and MRB experience
* Experience as a technical lead including: resource planning and training, maintaining schedules, and ensuring technical performance
* Ability to communicate issues and additional resource needs to leadership
* Ability to obtain a Security Clearance
* Experience with subcontracted hardware suppliers
* Knowledge of cable manufacturing processes (connectors, crimping, soldering, forming, testing)
* Experience performing tolerance stack-ups
* Exposure to Requalification Activities including MORAs and Supplier Relocations
* Experience with 3D printing/prototyping
* Experience with RF semi-rigid cable design
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.