Lockheed Martin Materials and Processes Engineer in Centennial, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin!
Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with perfection and build incredible products? For over 100 years Lockheed Martin has been designing, building, fielding and supporting some of the most advanced technology in the skies and on the ground.
Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world every single day. Join this highly innovative team providing ingenious solutions to complex technical problems facing the aerospace industry. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus. If you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Do you have a passion for working on emerging technologies? Navy Strategic Programs (NSP) is experiencing significant growth and we need your expertise to deliver amazing new technologies to our customers. We have opportunities that include advanced Hypersonic Technology, Glide Body Strike technology, and other key technology insertions. The early design and engineering phase provides you with tremendous career growth potential along with relevant assignments to stretch and hone your expertise. This is a rare opportunity to work closely alongside our Navy Strategic Systems Programs (SSP) partners to field a number of future strategic systems that the nation urgently needs.
As a and Processes Engineer you’ll work on a broad range of projects, in both a laboratory and manufacturing environment, that will challenge you to learn and grow in your career. Working side by side with designers, test and manufacturing engineers, you’ll use your education, experience and growing expertise to develop and evaluate new and innovative technology to survive in the most hostile of environments.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Select Parts, Materials, and Processes (PMP) on new designs that will help defend our country, get hands-on manufacturing experience of the next satellite, or provide guidance to an extensive supply chain providing products critical to Mission Success
- Perform and Processes (M&P) technical engineering assignments
- Solve problems and find innovative solutions
- Participate in the selection, qualification, testing, and failure analysis of & processes, prepare technical and progress reports on work you're doing, prepare specifications, evaluate suppliers and analyze test reports
- Coordinate with other disciplines such as Design Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality Engineering, and Procurement
WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- A self-starter who implements solutions to technical issues
- A motivated individual who's able to work closely within a geographically separated team to resolve technical issues
- Someone with the ability to handle shifting priorities, multiple projects and timeline pressure to meet deadlines
- Someone adept at communicating in a variety of forms
- Someone willing to mentor and teach junior engineers
- The ability to work with management and program representatives at several levels
If selected you will need to obtain a DOD security clearance. US Citizenship required.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards and Recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package. https://www.lockheedmartinjobs.com/working-here#benefits
- Bachelor's degree in Materials or related background and/or field of study
- Experience reviewing engineering drawings and/or specifications and providing guidance to design, and manufacturing engineers
- Familiar with a variety of and engineering disciplines such as soldering, coatings, composites, adhesives, bonding, cleaning, failure analysis, and manufacturing operations
- Knowledge of and Processes for product development, improvement, design, application and production
- Non-conformance and failure analysis disposition experience
- Understanding of material properties definitions
- Good writing, communication and interpersonal skills
This position requires the ability to obtain a DOD security clearance. US Citizenship required.
• Experience establishing and implementing technical requirements (specifications, program plans/requirements, etc.)
• Experience in protection and prevention
• Experience in electronics manufacturing, including circuit card assembly
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.