CenturyLink Sr Data Scientist - Broomfield, CO in BROOMFIELD, Colorado
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
Develops and programs methods, automated processes, and systems to cleanse, integrate and analyze structured and unstructured, diverse big data sources to generate actionable insights and solutions using machine learning and advanced analytics. Interprets and communicates insights and findings from analyses and experiments to other analysts, data scientists, team members and business partners. This position is responsible for various analysis work that directly influences management and executive decision making, system optimization, predictive and prescriptive analytics, and various analytics that guide continuous improvement to the Consumer Finance team and it's decision making process. The Senior Data Scientist will be highly visible to executive levels and will take part in shaping the future of Consumer Finance at Centurylink.
The Main Responsibilities
Ability to execute data discovery, exploratory data analysis, and iteratively develop predictive and prescriptive models to identify optimal solutions. Assist with operationalizing the solutions and changing business processes to maximize the value of those solutions.
• Analyze data and build predictive and prescriptive models in a wide range of areas including customer segmentation and lifetime, business performance, customer clustering, capacity planning, asset profitablity, cost management, and various other areas.
• Mine information for previously unknown patterns and insights hidden in these assets and leverage them for competitive advantage.
• The problems solved will be at the cutting edge of technology and will lie at the intersection of science, engineering, and business acumen.
• Be part of a highly skilled agile team and within the Consumer Finance team.
What We Look For in a Candidate
• Experience with SQL, database navigation in an Oracle data environment and Data Lake unstructured environments.
• Python and/or R data script writing.
• Very strong in math and statistics at the post graduate level.
• Masters in a mathematical and modeling discipline a must, PHD preferred.
• Experienced in writing formulas, expressions and algorithms as needed to support analytical work.
• Understands how to explore unstructured data to gain insights and build models to produce results.
• Strong communication skills and relationship skills.
• Ability to perform ad-hoc statistical analysis including correlation analysis, frequency distribution analysis, probabilistic modeling, sophisticated forecasting, and academic based predictive and prescriptive methods.
• Capable of modeling the relationships between many sources of raw data, develop models that can serve to provide insight to support decision making and guide financial decisions.
• Ability to write customized algorithms to drive predictive and prescriptive analysis in business management, creating actionable recommendations to improve Financial Decisions.
• Can be flexible to work on various types of projects, often balancing multiple deliverables with a wide range of complexity requirements.
• Is comfortable working with teams, sharing code among peers, and presenting to leadership.
• Has a genuine drive to succeed and self-motivated to take care of business , while positively representing the team.
What to Expect Next
Requisition #: 230658
When applying for a position, you may be subject to a background screen (criminal records check, motor vehicle report, and/or drug screen), depending on the requirements for the position. Job-related concerns noted in the background screen may disqualify you from the new position or your current role. Background results will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.