VMware Senior Solution Engineer - Healthcare-Colorado (Remote) in Broomfield, Colorado
The VMware Solution Engineer (SE) plays a critical role in building and sustaining customer relationships while driving the adoption of VMware solutions to surpassing our revenue goals. The SE works very closely with sales to build long-term business relationships within assigned accounts. The SE is a high impact, very visible role responsible for ensuring pervasive enterprise adoption of VMware software and solutions, and closing enterprise transactions within assigned accounts.
This position will be focused on strategic Healthcare accounts in Colorado, Nebraska, Idaho, Montana and New Mexico. VMware's Healthcare vertical is one of the fastest growing segment in the company.
Job Role and Responsibility:
• Present VMware value proposition to customers and partners
• Understand the customer's high-level business challenges
• Match VMware solutions to customer's business and technical requirements
• Build long-term business relationships and become a trusted advisor within each named account, across all lines of business
• Sell professional services consistently as part of a total solution
• Define and implement a solution oriented go-to-market strategy for each named account to ensure technical adoption of VMware solutions
• Build and leverage strong OEM and partner relationships
• Identify new customer projects for VMware solutions
• Present VMware vision, strategy and product roadmaps to executives and technical management
• Drive the adoption of VMware solutions within strategic accounts moving current installations from departmental to enterprise
• 8+ years experience in technology related work, including roles in Pre-sales and/or customer-facing Consultant
• Ability to collaborate with and motivate multiple groups toward accomplishing a task
• Enthusiastic, self-starter with a charismatic personality
• Proven track record of selling services as part of a solution
• Ability to see and present "the big picture" and offer solutions to make it better
• Strong customer facing and relationship building skills
• Effective in working both independently and in a team setting
• Strong listening and question based selling skills
• Ability to uncover business challenges and develop a custom solution to solve those challenges
• Experience with enterprise applications, security, systems management, and business continuity solutions a plus
• Ability to travel as necessary (35-50%)
• BA/BS or equivalent required
• Familiarity with the Healthcare market in the region
• Ability and willingness to mentor other Solutions Engineers as needed
At VMware, your On-Target Earnings are real, not virtual. We offer a competitive base salary plus a monthly commission which is tied directly to your team’s quota attainment. Of course, given our growth, many of our teams surpass quota and enjoy the benefits of a plan that includes commission accelerators.
The flexibility of being “home-office” based; all new, top of the line hardware; quick and comprehensive expense reporting and reimbursement; company sponsored medical, dental, and vision coverage; 401K match; profit sharing; and employee stock purchase program (ESPP).
VMware, is an EPIC2 community (read about values and our journey on our career page: https://careers.vmware.com/life-at-vmware). We have been listed on Fortune’s 100 Best Places to Work several times. We enjoy helping our people grow professionally and personally. Our employees are passionate and enthusiastic, and they come to work every day to help transform the impossible into the essential. We challenge the status quo by inventing better ways of doing things. Our culture is one of possibilities where everyone is inspired to achieve success on their own terms.
If you think that this position and our culture are right for you, we would love to hear from you.
VMware is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees in personnel actions, which include: recruiting and hiring, selection for training, promotion, rates of pay or other compensation, transfer, discipline, demotion, layoff or termination. VMware does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, family medical history or genetic information, citizenship, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, military status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. VMware also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law. Further, it is the policy of VMware to maintain a working environment free of all forms of harassment.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.