Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Project Engineer Senior - Cross-Functional (665349) in Broomfield, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Senior Project Engineer – Cross-Functional
What You Will Do:
- Responsible for leading hardware development team to meet cost, schedule, and technical requirements.
- Technical responsibilities include requirement allocation, interface definition, performance analysis, and risk mitigation from concept through detail design of any of the following:
- Mechanical engineering design of spacecraft
- Precision aerospace electro-mechanical components and systems
- Opto-mechanical flight hardware systems
- Antenna systems
- Video systems
- Ground support equipment
- Special Test Equipment
- Effort will include design, analysis, and supervision of other engineers, designers, and drafters.
- Effort may or may not include CAD modeling.
- Generate cost estimates and track performance (earned value).
- Develop detailed development schedules and manage team activities to meet hardware delivery milestones.
- Interact with other functional disciplines in an integrated program team (IPT) environment.
- Responsibilities may also include technical management of major subcontracts.
- Post design sustaining engineering may be required.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You Will Need:
- BS in Engineering or a related technical field is required, plus 16 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e. Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Experience in aerospace related design.
- Experience using CAD software.
- Experience using Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing.
- Demonstrated creativity in mechanical engineering design.
- Demonstrated design analysis capability.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and execute engineering risk reduction testing as well as qualification testing.
- Demonstrated successful lead/supervisory experience of mechanical engineering design activities.
- Demonstrated ability to develop cost estimates, schedules and develop/report earned value.
- Prior participation in written and/or oral proposal activities for NASA and/or DOD programs.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful candidate will have completed a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Project Engineer Senior - Cross-Functional (665349)
Job ID: 665349
Location: CO - Broomfield
Full/Part Time: Full-Time