Honeywell Opto-Mechanical Lead Design Engineer in Broomfield, Colorado
The future is what you make it!
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Honeywell Quantum Solutions is focused on developing the world’s most advanced quantum computers, with ‘full stack’ capability from user interface software to the hardware layer and trapped ions. Our premier team of scientists and engineers leverages expertise in complex hardware and software control systems, advanced optics and lasers, magnetics, cryogenics, atomic physics, and ultra-high vacuum environments to design and build systems with best-in-class performance in terms of both fidelity and qubit count. Honeywell believes quantum information systems will revolutionize the way many industries work. As a leading technology company, we intend to help shape the adoption and integration of those systems into the markets of our customers. We’re hiring the world’s best physicists and quantum engineers to make it happen!
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Honeywell is looking for a highly qualified Opto-Mechanical Lead Design Engineer with a strong background in Opto-Mechanical design and development for our Broomfield, CO location.
· Support Honeywell to deliver creative solutions that meet the evolving needs of customers
· You will work under limited supervision and alongside some of the world's most talented engineers
· You will work with systems engineers and a larger research team to architect, design, build, and test custom subsystems for use in research and commercial environments
· You will contribute to the development of Honeywell's next generation products by designing, testing and validating products/processes from prototype to market
· Apply mechanical design tools, such as Solidworks and Ansys, to support development tasks
YOU MUST HAVE:
· Bachelor’s degree
· Minimum 8+ years of mechanical design experience including: CAD based modeling, Opto-mechanical design, stress and thermal analysis (FEA)
· Due to U.S. export control laws, must be a U.S. citizen
· Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
· Experience with opto-mechanical systems
· Experience with precision mechanism design
· Experience with cryogenic systems
· Experience leading small design teams and projects
· Solid Works, Ansys, thermal / structural analysis, and trade study experience
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Experience with mechanical inspection and working with suppliers on complex mechanical procurement and subcontracts
Compensation & Benefits:
Salary Range: $115,000 - $144,000
For benefits information please visit https://careers.honeywell.com/us/en/honeywell-benefits. Current employees may visit HR Direct.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.