Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Materials & Process Engineer II (665452) in Broomfield, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Materials & Process Engineer II
What You’ll Do:
- Develop, evaluate, select and document materials and processes to meet the engineering design requirements for use in a wide variety of environments (aerospace, military, commercial) from demonstration of concept articles through rigorous flight qualified hardware.
- Define, plan, and implement materials and process investigations and analyses. These materials may include adhesives, composites, lubricants, metals, protective surface finishes, life testing, and environmental testing.
- Consult with and assist Ball Aerospace and customer organizations (e.g. engineering, production, integration and test, etc.) on use of such materials and processes.
- Review drawings and specify appropriate materials and processes to meet design intents and contract requirements.
- Analyze data and generate reports on the results of these tests.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS or higher in Engineering or a related technical field plus 5 or more years of related experience is required.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education
- Demonstrated ability to lead material and process design investigations, and apply information obtained from laboratory test data.
- Lab experience and understanding of how to use and interpret data obtained from analytical equipment, including SEM/EDS, FTIR, XRF, Thermal Analysis, tensile/compression, or other acquired knowledge.
- Ability to use computer and associated software to gather, reduce, and disseminate technical information.
- Ability to communicate well, verbally, in writing and in presentations to various audiences.
- Familiarity with NASA, military or industry specifications, especially materials test (e.g. ASTM) procedures.
- Experience with developing a process, for example, corrosion prevention, paints, coatings, adhesives, or lubrication.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, clean room, or production floor.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Materials & Process Engineer II (665452)
Job ID: 665452
Location: CO - Broomfield
Full/Part Time: Full-Time