Lumen Manager Solution Architecture - Denver/Virginia in BROOMFIELD, Colorado
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
The Manager Solution Architect Team is accountable for Public Sector net revenue growth that is aligned to Sales within the Lumen Public Sector Sales region. Responsibilities include technical Solutions Specialist leadership for the combined functions of Public and Private Network, Unified Communications, cloud, managed network and manage security services, security including firewall, INRS, IDPS, MTIPS, TIC 3.0, and DDOS, and IT consulting services within the public sector landscape. This position requires understanding market requirements for IT and network infrastructure outsourcing services throughout the federal, state, and local environments. The manager will assist the sales, program management, and engineering organizations in proposing and closing complex Lumen solutions for new business opportunities under a multitude of federal (EIS, Schedule 70, Alliant 2) state and local contracts, and identifying specific opportunities for infrastructure outsourcing growth and integrated Lumen platform solutions for the marketplace.
The Main Responsibilities
• Lead and facilitate customer meetings via collaboration tools and in person, independently uncover, scope and document customer business objectives, create solution design documentation during sales cycle, including responding to and communicating with customers to ensure order accuracy
• Work on the most complex solutions involving services from multiple Lumen product towers, making decisions about the best approach for driving customer satisfaction and a great customer experience
• Develop and mentor others in support engineering, sales, and customer success, on technical aspects of tools, features, availability, and other elements of our Lumen product solutions to fit customer’s needs
• Provide technical product demonstrations to both internal and external audiences
• Prepare and deliver technical proposals and presentations with the appropriate level of business acumen for the audience, both as partners or independently
• Provide responses to solution and technology questions, RFP/RFI responses, solution demonstrations, and technical workshops
• Deliver findings including key pain points, proposed solutions to meet business needs, and ROI where applicable
• Develop strong customer relationships and act as a customer advocate within Lumen to ensure delivery of an exceptional customer experience
• Contribute to the development of technical sales strategy and provide feedback that contributes to ongoing process and customer experience improvement initiatives through teamwork, mentoring, coaching and peer support
• Change agent providing data driven feedback to sales, customer success, product management, and service delivery to Lumen leaders in order to improve Lumen processes, product solutions, and overall customer experience and satisfaction
• Support customer success and local sales teams in pursuit of key business opportunities, engage customers to address aspects of the data lifecycle
• Collaborate with Client Success Executive/Manager, Solution Sales Overlay teams, and Product Management to deliver the appropriate solution and establish credibility and trust with the customer
What We Look For in a Candidate
In depth experience in a technical Sales Engineer or similar role, demonstrating expert level proficiency of Lumen tools, products, and processes
Excellent understanding of information technology, communications, and security concepts and general knowledge of technical terminology or industry concepts related to Lumen solutions is required
Possess a willingness and appetite to learn new concepts and subjects and have the initiative to invest in ongoing professional development through self-study and with knowledge of Lumen service portfolio, processes, and systems
Demonstrate understanding of business, sales, financial principals, Lumen business goals, and sales targets
Working knowledge of collaboration and office applications (Microsoft Office, Visio, PowerPoint preferred) and an expert working knowledge of internal company systems and applications.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Proven ability to build relationships over the phone and in person, have a proactive communication style, and ensure timely status of projects to account team and customer
Demonstrable ability to solve complex issues with a methodical approach and to graphically depict Lumen services and customer solutions in a clear and compelling manner
Ability to travel as needed (Approx. 10%)
What to Expect Next
Based on your job application information you may be given the opportunity to complete a video interview immediately after applying. This will include a set of questions for you to record a response to in addition to Game Challenges. Completion of this video interview is a requirement in order to be considered for our open position. Now not a good time? No worries, we will also send you an email with a link to complete the video interview. We strongly recommend that you complete this within 5 days of your application date.
Requisition #: 243481
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.