Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Manager-Advanced Systems II (664556) in Broomfield, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Advanced Systems Manager II – Advanced Technologies & Missions
We are currently recruiting for an Advanced Systems Manager to perform business development, business capture, and program management for the Defense and Intelligence Community. This position reports to the Advanced Technologies & Missions business area, which develops future discriminators for our National Defense Strategic Business Unit.
What you'll do:
- Support the pursuit of new business opportunities with a variety of defense and intelligence customers.
- Carry out plans and strategies to capture opportunities.
- Manage business development and engineering personnel to carry out capture plans and strategies, and to produce solutions that meet customers’ mission needs.
- Lead the preparation of responses to customer opportunities, including white papers, proposals, rough order of magnitude estimates and responses to customer requests for information.
- Manage development efforts, studies, and small programs to achieve technical, cost, and schedule objectives.
- Coordinate inputs from support organizations including engineering, contracts, finance, security, and others as needed.
- Maintain productive relationships and coordinate contacts with key government and industry customers.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Unit/Strategic Support Unit and the Company. Interact appropriately with others to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you'll need:
- BS in Engineering, Math, Physics or a related field, plus 10 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e. Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Strong technical competence in any or all of the following: mission architecture, optics, focal plane arrays and focal plane subsystems, electro-optical remote sensing payload systems operating from visible to long wave infra-red, spacecraft bus systems and technologies
- Experience on classified design teams and new business capture activities in aerospace or related industry for defense and intelligence customers.
- Experience working on classified proposals.
- Experience leading design teams and/or new business capture activities.
- Excellent presentation skills to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong written communication and proposal writing skills.
- Strong programmatic background within classified program environments for government or industry is a strong plus.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses may be required.
- This position requires up to 30% travel.
Successful candidate will have completed a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
AERO: Most Wanted
Job Classified as Most Wanted - $5,000 Referral Fee
Job Title: Manager-Advanced Systems II (664556)
Job ID: 664556
Location: CO - Broomfield
Full/Part Time: Full-Time