Honeywell Lead Optical Technician in Broomfield, Colorado
The future is what you make it!
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
At Honeywell, our outstanding team of scientists, engineers, and professionals develop groundbreaking technology by applying their expertise in complex hardware and software control systems, atomic physics, ultra-high vacuum environments, cyber security and others. When you join our team, you will be working to design and build systems with world leading performance, such as best-in-class environmental controls including, state-of-the-art low and ultra-low temperature cryogenics, electromagnetic environments, mechanical stability and analytics, as integrated systems with complex industrial controls.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
We are seeking an electronic R&D lab technician to join our hardworking team of engineers and physicists at Honeywell Quantum Solutions in our Broomfield, CO location! Looking for a place to grow your skills? Honeywell Quantum Solutions is the place to be!
· Perform alignment, integration and testing of prototype and proof of concept systems, involving lasers, optics, fibers, electronics, software, and mechanical sub-assemblies
· Build complex, high precision optical sub-assemblies
· Trouble shoot as well as conduct failure analysis of electro-optical-mechanical systems to improve process and design
· You will be expected to analyze data to draw conclusions
· You will collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Optical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, and Systems Engineering, and Scientists to deliver state-of-the-art optics solutions
YOU MUST HAVE
· High school diploma/GED with 8+ years of experience or Associate Degree with 5+ years of experience required
· Due to US export control laws, must be a US citizen
· Hands-on experience utilizing electro-optical laboratory equipment (e.g., beam profilers, wave meters, CMOS sensors, digital multimeter, PMTs)
· Extensive experience with optical alignment and assembly
· Strong knowledge of fibers and lasers.
· Experience using standard metrology tools used in opto-mechanical machine shops
· Understanding of GD&T basics
· Experience with Test station GUI and control software development using Labview and / or Python
· Experience with lasers, optics, cryogenic, and ultra-high vacuum systems and procedures
· Optics and mechanical CAD familiarity (e.g. Zemax, Solidworks)
· Experience with engineering change documentation; Ability to work from assembly drawings, schematics, wiring diagrams, sketches and other written, visual and oral instructions
· Demonstrated experience with 3D printers to make rapid prototypes
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.