Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Engineering Assistant II (664580) in Broomfield, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Engineering Assistant II – BIM/CAD/3D Modeling Specialist
This position requires a hands-on CAD lead for BIM and related projects
What you’ll do:
- Work with engineers to understand and document project and building requirements
- Coordinate BIM system development opportunities
- Determine effective software configuration control related to BIM and CAD applications for the Facilities Engineering and Industrial Operations teams
- Work with the Immersive Technology Group to develop Augmented and Virtual Reality Applications to promote Ball Aerospace products or improve product development efficiency
- Develop and manage CAD and Building Information Modeling (BIM) standards for the organization
- Develop and manage processes for checking out master drawings and models to outside firms and integrating their work back into base drawings
- Provide quality control of drawings and BIM information coming from outside sources
- Create drawing standards for the Facilities Engineering and Industrial Operations teams
- Prepare master building drawings for key properties, consolidate existing project drawings, and field verify missing components
- Assist in development of strategies for efficient use of BIM models at Ball Aerospace Facilities
- Develop REVIT models based on existing AutoCAD plans
- Conduct BIM laser scanning and recommend technology for scans and software
- Assist in house engineers by creating architectural, structural, electrical, and mechanical project drawings in AutoCAD as necessary
- Maintain required drafting logs and records in accordance with Ball Aerospace policies and government regulations
- Create 3D Models and Animations for VR/AR applications or be able to convert 3D models from engineering applications into formats compatible with VR/AR rendering engines
- Stay informed of emerging technology trends - particularly developments related to BIM and other CAD technologies
- Present to leadership on CAD strategies and other related pursuits
- Assist industrial engineering simulation engineers with CAD drawings and simulation drawings
- Explore innovative methods of coupling emerging technological capabilities such as additive manufacturing, 3D scanning, and artificial intelligence developments with immersive technology applications
- Establish and maintain workplace CAD standards for the department taking into account all applicable Strategic Business Units, and Strategic Support Units
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you’ll need:
- High School diploma or equivalent and 5 or more years of related experience, or a two-year technical degree with 3 or more years. CAD, computer science or computer engineering is preferred.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Experience working with REVIT, AutoCAD, and Solidworks
- Experience working with software version control
- Experience with 3D modeling programs such as 3DS Max/Maya
- Passion for creativity, problem-solving, and troubleshooting
- A strong desire to learn and excellent work ethic
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team and solo environment
*Working Conditions: *
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required
- Carry up to 40 lbs. of laser scanning or other equipment
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Engineering Assistant II (664580)
Job ID: 664580
Location: CO - Broomfield
Full/Part Time: Full-Time