CenturyLink Circuit Designer I in BROOMFIELD, Colorado
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
Responsible for customer order fulfillment by designing a circuit path across the company network through network architecture, routing configurations, and documented design consumption rules. Within the design responsibilities, accountable for producing an accurate design layout record that demonstrates an understanding of the products and their specifications offered by the company, and the scope of work requested on a customer order meets the product criteria.
The Main Responsibilities
Essential Job Duties
• Function in an Entry level position to ensure the timely and complete provisioning of telecom service orders using Lumen systems and processes.
• Process orders according to SLAs, On Time Performance and quality standards.
• Manage the assigned queue using time management skills.
• Writen and verbal communication of order status.
• Manage the assigned queue (could be an ACD call queue where assigned) to maintain service level objectives.
• Knowledgeable and Proficient in complex provisioning requirements.
• Working knowledge of equipment elements and solutions across DWDM facilities, ISP/OSP, and SONET/Ethernet protocols.
• Provide technical support to internal and external customers for engineering, installation and testing of all transport facilities and special and switched access circuits.
• Drive completion of all customer and network orders.
• Assist other departments or work groups, providing requested support as necessary.
• Properly prioritize tasks, orders and assignments.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Behavioral & Technical:
• Entry level circuit design position.
• Able to demonstrate teamwork and problem-solving skills.
• Works independently under normal supervision.
• Able to follow established procedures to fulfill customer order requirements accurately and quickly.
• Exhibit continual learning and development by improving job skills through on the job training and all available learning pathways.
• Basic technical understanding of voice, data, ethernet products and related equipment, as well as keeping up with new products or product changes and procedures/design consumption rules.
• Basic understanding of design, including both on net and offnet routing configurations.
• Basic understanding of customer order requirements and fulfilling requirements via customer design systems/tools – new/modify/disconnect orders and task completions.
• Order validation to ensure entrance and exit criteria met.
• Other duties as assigned.
What We Look For in a Candidate
• Assoc degree or equivalent education and relevant experience.
• 2 - 3 years related experience in specific area or equivalent.
Knowledge of basic metro gear/equipment - Lucent/Fujitsu/Cienna/Alcatel/Cisco
Knowledge of DWDM metro/long haul equipment – Adva/Infinera/Nokia/Ciena
Knowledge of DWDM architecture and network usage
Basic understanding of TL1 commands
Requisition #: 230860
When applying for a position, you may be subject to a background screen (criminal records check, motor vehicle report, and/or drug screen), depending on the requirements for the position. Job-related concerns noted in the background screen may disqualify you from the new position or your current role. Background results will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.