Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Ball Metalpack - Manager, Continuous Improvement in Broomfield, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Metalpack is a new joint venture between Platinum Equity and Ball Corporation. We are excited about the opportunities ahead as we leverage our expertise to create value and a sense of ownership.
Ball Metalpack produces 100 percent recyclable tinplate food and aerosol containers. As part of Ball Corporation, we’ve been industry leaders for years. Now we are standing up a new company with exciting new roles and responsibilities – including this one!
Metal food packaging has set the standard for freshness and preservation for well over a century, and we continue to push boundaries and develop innovations. What excites us most is the sustainability advantages that metal packaging delivers to our customers and to families. It is one of the most environmentally friendly and economical forms of packaging.
Since the aerosol can revolutionized consumer products in the 1940s, Ball has refined and improved the technology to suit todays needs. We recently breathed new air into aerosol technology with the introduction of our next generation of tinplate aerosol packaging, which is helping us meet and exceed our customers’ growing expectations.
With the help of our 1,300 talented employees, Ball Metalpack will continue to revolutionize our industries, serve our customers and put the right people, processes and partners in place to help us achieve our vision and create long-term value.
Ball Metalpack is a Lean Manufacturing System environment.
Primary Purpose of Position:
This role is instrumental in leading, implementing and supporting the continuous improvement initiative that is supported by the Ball Metalpack Operating System (BMOS). Will understand BMOS best practices across the organization and determine how to best support the plant processes to close the gap between current condition and best practice condition.
- Works with the plants in defining, creating and documenting (utilizing strategic A3s) to implement, sustain and improve the BMOS.
- Assist and coach plant personnel in the development and execution of strategic/problem solving A-3s.
- Creates and documents an annual continuous improvement roadmap.
- Lead multiple locations in continuous improvement activities.
- Participates in and/or leads improvement activities, such as Kaizen events and projects with employees, customers, vendors, and suppliers.
- Carry out benchmark initiatives between the Ball Metalpack (BMP) plants and against the industry standard to define the right measurable objectives.
- Learns and develops new methodologies that improve the success rates of improvement activities in accomplishing the goals of the organization.
- Oversees and trains needed personnel in the continuous improvement program at various skill levels.
- Attends gate review meetings for Main projects to monitor adherence to continuous improvement program.
- Develops and maintains ongoing tracking of continuous improvement activities in the organization to determine financial impact of improvement activities.
- Ensures appropriate follow-up to improvement activities for continued optimal performance.
- Prepares reports as required that tell the story of the continuous improvement efforts.
- Identifies improvement ideas at BMP locations and incorporates them into the continuous improvement program
- Works collaboratively with outside consultants on continuous improvement initiatives and projects, as needed.
- Ability to assess plants with respect to the maturity of their continuous improvement system.
- Has a working knowledge of the following methodologies: A3’s, problem solving, visual controls, kanban systems, value stream mapping, set-up reductions, standardized work, and TPM programs. Along with other aspects of lean manufacturing systems.
- Ability to work off shifts and week-ends when necessary to support continuous improvement activities.
- Great communication skills through verbal and written means.
- Possesses the ability to analyze data and utilize Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships that promote and foster an atmosphere of trust and cooperation.
- Must be able to work independently and also in groups, to formulate visions to transform current states into more effective processes.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired college degree level education or work-related experience
- Working knowledge of the following areas: Business principles; legal practices; customer needs and expectations; lean methodology; Kaizen activities; quality standards; generally accepted managerial practices and procedures; problem solving; company procedures and products.
- Job related experience for 5 year(s) minimum in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to apply intensive and diversified evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard lean manufacturing techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Ability to assure and maintains safe and healthful working conditions while enforcing safety rules and regulations.
- Ability to communicate effectively, write effectively, read, comprehend, and follow complicated verbal and written instructions.
- Must be able to handle sensitive related and proprietary information in a confidential manner.
- Must maintain professional competence, ethical integrity, knowledge, and skills.
- Must be an active listener.
Demonstrated Ball Leadership Skills
- Authentic Leadership - Demonstrates humility in the way they lead others. Takes a stand for what is right and admits their mistakes.
- People Grower - Encourages leadership in others and takes risks to help others grow. Champions collaboration across the organization
- Future Catalyst - Communicates a vision of the future that compels others and helps them see around corners. Embraces change, takes risks, and seeks diverse perspectives.
Around 75% of travel
Extensive travel may be required to plant locations with potential short term assignments to a specific location.
Relocation for this position is Available.
Ball Metalpack offers comprehensive benefits packages, including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, and retirement plans.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Ball Metalpack - Manager, Continuous Improvement
Job ID: 664759
Location: CO - Broomfield
Full/Part Time: Full-Time