Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Ball Metalpack - Director of Quality in Broomfield, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Metalpack is a new joint venture between Platinum Equity and Ball Corporation. We are excited about the opportunities ahead as we leverage our expertise to create value and a sense of ownership.
Ball Metalpack produces 100 percent recyclable tinplate food and aerosol containers. As part of Ball Corporation, we’ve been industry leaders for years. Now we are standing up a new company with exciting new roles and responsibilities – including this one!
Metal food packaging has set the standard for freshness and preservation for well over a century, and we continue to push boundaries and develop innovations. What excites us most is the sustainability advantages that metal packaging delivers to our customers and to families. It is one of the most environmentally friendly and economical forms of packaging.
Since the aerosol can revolutionized consumer products in the 1940s, Ball has refined and improved the technology to suit todays needs. We recently breathed new air into aerosol technology with the introduction of our next generation of tinplate aerosol packaging, which is helping us meet and exceed our customers’ growing expectations.
With the help of our 1,300 talented employees, Ball Metalpack will continue to revolutionize our industries, serve our customers and put the right people, processes and partners in place to help us achieve our vision and create long-term value.
Ball Metalpack is a Lean Manufacturing System environment.
*Primary Purpose of Position: *
Directs and is responsible for the manufacturing quality assurance function, in support of the Company’s overall plans and objectives.
- Provides overall direction to the quality function, including leading a team of quality professionals.
- Provides effective quality engineering support and consulting to plants, group, suppliers, and customers.
- Establishes, implements, and maintains an effective quality assurance system including the quality manual, measurement systems, data collection and analysis.
- Establishes and oversees the implementation and maintenance of an effective total quality management system.
- Ensures preparedness for third party and customer audits.
- Supports and operates within the Lean Manufacturing System.
- Directs, ensures, and facilitates effective communication, customer service, and relationships.
- Provides for effective measurement of quality performance, including claims, cost of quality, and process capability in the department, plants, and groups. Reports periodically on overall status of the QA system.
- Functions as the group liaison with customers, suppliers, government agencies, and others as required, regarding quality issues. Provides for timely and appropriate responses to quality issues, both internal and external.
- Directs and ensures periodic assessments of quality systems, including a robust audit system to ensure compliance.
- Oversees the review of product specification and contract proposals with plants, suppliers, customers, and others as required.
- Evaluates new products, materials, and/or processes.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college level education or work-related experience
- Job related experience for 6 years minimum
- Working knowledge of the following areas:
- manufacturing quality assurance principles, practices, nomenclature, and procedures
- generally accepted managerial practices and procedures, total quality management, quality engineering and statistical process control
- SQF and customer quality standards
- Ability to use and facilitate statistical process control techniques.
- Ability to identify, plan, and implement quality assurance systems.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data to make recommendations.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available.
Ball Metalpack offers comprehensive benefits packages, including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, and retirement plans.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Ball Metalpack - Director of Quality
Job ID: 664486
Location: CO - Broomfield
Full/Part Time: Full-Time