Honeywell Advanced Physicist - Cryogenics in Broomfield, Colorado
The future is what you make it!
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
At Honeywell E&I, our premier team of scientists, engineers, and professionals develop cutting-edge technology by leveraging their expertise in complex hardware and software control systems, atomic physics, ultra-high vacuum environments, cyber security and others. When you join our team, you will be working to design and build systems with world leading performance, such as best-in-class environmental controls including, state-of-the-art low and ultra-low temperature cryogenics, electromagnetic environments, mechanical stability and analytics, as integrated systems with complex industrial controls.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Honeywell’s Environment and Infrastructure team is looking for a highly qualified Cryogenic R&D Physicist for the design, build, and testing of unique cryogenic systems. The ideal candidate will have a broad understanding of cryogenic experimental systems and the impact of environmental parameters (e.g., temperature, pressure, flow, materials, EM fields, vibration, etc.) on the performance of low-temperature systems and devices. Intimate knowledge of cryogenic systems and techniques is critical, as is the ability to develop innovative approaches to advance the state-of-the-art and lead cryogenic research projects developing new concepts and new technologies for future products and services.
· Lead cryogenic research projects and small teams of scientists and engineers in developing new concepts and new technologies for future products and services
· Translate customer requirements into product requirements to create overall system solutions
· Implement sample environments in support of laboratory experimentation
· Apply previous experience cryogenic devices to design and develop new systems and to perform low temperature laboratory experiments.
· Perform trade studies, write research reports, write project proposals, create project cost estimates, and assist with budgeting
· Support the design and development of integrated solutions with cryogenics being a key component
· Partner with Principal Investigator, Program Management, and Project Engineer for project execution
YOU MUST HAVE:
· Master's degree
· 5+ years of experience in Physics or Engineering in low temperature cryogenic design, analysis, and experimental systems
· U.S. citizenship required to obtain and maintain government security clearance
· Demonstrated ability to design, analyze, operate, build, and test complex cryogenic systems for sample environments
· Proven track record of working with systems investigating fundamental physical phenomena particularly as applied to cryogenic systems
· Demonstrated experience with modeling, simulation tools, analytical techniques, and related fields (e.g., Matlab, Mathematica, COMSOL, SolidWorks)
· Recent track record of leading new technology development programs
· Experience leading or contributing to winning proposals with government funding agencies such as NASA, Air Force Research Labs, Office of Naval Research, etc.
· You must have strong organizational, leadership skills, and be good at working and negotiating with customers, partners, and colleagues
· Understanding of experimental design to gather the desired data
· Ability to identify a technical development need and the resourcefulness to address the need through a combination of research, analysis, and experimentation
· Initiative to identify and complete tasks with evolving requirements and minimal direction
· Capacity to embrace a culture of teamwork to overcome challenging design tasks while maintaining awareness of individual strengths and weaknesses
· Current security clearance for work on both government and commercial contracts
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.