Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Technician III-Test - RF System Integration (663409) in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Technician III-Test – RF System Integration
What You’ll Do:
- Apply touch labor skills in regard to RF chambers, test facilities and associated tooling
- Handle, Install and connect various antennas to be tested.
- Execute specific step by step RF test procedures to record and verify test data results, and report out of tolerance conditions.
- Conduct tests; monitor, analyze, reduce and record data; and perform mathematical calculations.
- Conduct and support performance and functional tests on flight hardware, electronic boards, boxes, antennas, assemblies, sub systems, and flight products, during all phases of the hardware evolution process.
- Perform and assist in functional tests, as well as monitor environmental testing parameters during Thermal Vacuum, Vibration, EMI, and Acoustics testing.
- Sign-off on test operations certifying that tests have been conducted as specified in the product acceptance test procedure.
- Must be able to relate well with other people both from the engineering and production ranks both verbally and in written form.
- Set-up of test ranges and execution of special tests with minimal engineering oversight, direction or documentation.
- Provide direct technical support to a team during various (1st, 2nd, or 3rd) shift operations, as well as provide technical support during extended working hours, weekends, and holidays to meet critical schedules.
- Troubleshoot problems associated with the functionality or design of the products.
- Support IRAD development of RF antenna assemblies and sub-assemblies, to administer proof of concept protocols.
- Document and record specialized test set-up configurations, to replicate consistent and repeatable test results.
- Apply touch labor skills in association with RF test facilities, RF chambers, and associated RF equipment, & tooling.
- Will be required to apply basic computer skills to input and access data via computer interface.
- Will utilize reading and comprehension skills to follow documented build instruction.
- Will be required to work effectively in a team environment, referring questions and problems to area Lead or Supervisor.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 6 or more years of related experience or a two-year technical degree with 4 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor's or Master's, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- A current DoD Secret, or Top Secret security clearance is very beneficial. The ability to obtain a clearance in the future is required.
- Must be versatile and a self-starter, ambitious and a conscientious individual with a very high attention to detail to contribute well to high-energy team environments.
- Equipment knowledgeable with ability to independently operate RF test equipment, Network analyzers, Spectrum analyzers, O-scopes, Power supplies, Multi-Meters, and Data acquisition monitoring devices.
- Should have a general appreciation of RF theory and knowledge of S-parameters.
- Ability to perform shift and weekend work with a team as required.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Office products and feel completely comfortable with computer systems and various software applications.
- Environmental testing experience e.g., Vibration, Thermal Vacuum, EMI, Acoustic is very beneficial.
- Work is performed in an office, clean room, laboratory, manufacturing floor or machine shop environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Technician III-Test - RF System Integration (663409)
Job ID: 663409
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time