Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Technician III-Test - Program Operations (663401) Security Clearance Required in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Technician III-Test – Program Operations
What You’ll Do:
- Conduct and support performance and functional tests on flight hardware, electronic boards, boxes, antennas, assemblies, sub systems, and flight products, during all phases of the hardware evolution process.
- Execute specific step by step test procedures to record & verify test data results, and report out of tolerance conditions.
- Perform and assist in functional tests on, as well as monitor environmental testing parameters during Thermal Vacuum, Vibration, EMI, and Acoustics testing.
- Provide direct technical support to a team during various (1st, 2nd, or 3rd) shift operations, as well as provide technical support during extended working hours, weekends, and holidays to meet critical schedules.
- Work in a development and production setting, where you will fabricate and build cables & wire harnesses, for Ground Support Equipment, and provide wiring harness installation on chassis frames and system test consoles derived from drawings and build documents.
- Provide technical support towards electrical, electro-mechanical, cryogenics, and electro-optical test set-ups.
- Respond quickly to immediate tasks in their area of functional disciplines and develop cross functional skills.
- Troubleshoot problems associated with the functionality or design of the products.
- Perform ring-out and certification tests of the products used in the work centers.
- Deliver work with a keen attention to cost and schedule and a consideration for the re-use and producibility.
- Required to work effectively in a team environment, referring questions and problems to area Lead or Supervisor.
- Support IRAD development of RF antenna assemblies and sub-assemblies to administer proof of concept protocols. Some IRAD work checked through consultation and agreement with others rather than by formal review of each task.
- Document and record specialized test set-up configurations, in order to replicate consistent and repeatable test results.
- Apply touch labor skills in association with RF test facilities, RF chambers, and associated RF equipment, & tooling.
- Work with mechanical tooling, jigs, and fixtures to fabricate and construct a test set-up configurations.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, and Strategic Support areas.
- Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 6 years or more related experience or a related 2-year technical degree and 4 years or more related experience.
- Security Clearance Required
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor's or Master's, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Aerospace, spacecraft, instrument, sub-assembly, experience is very beneficial.
- Environmental testing experience e.g., Vibration, Thermal Vacuum, EMI, Acoustic is very beneficial.
- Enhanced performance skills in various flight component test operations, is desired.
- Will need an electronic background or related degree to effectively support electronic test operations.
- Must be versatile, and contributes well to high-energy team environments.
- Ability to independently operate Frequency analyzers, Spectrum analyzers, and O-scopes, Power supplies, Multi-Meters, and Data acquisition monitoring devices.
- Ability to interpret electrical & mechanical drawings, specifications, notes, and wire lists.
- An ability to be trained to obtain specialized certifications required, to perform the assembly and fabrication operations. (Clean room, ESD, FOD, Crane, Solder, Slicing, Crimping, J-STD, IPC-610/620)
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to exercise them in a technical environment.
- Will need a good mechanical aptitude, with solid dexterity and hand/eye coordination to work with hand tools.
- Will be required to apply basic computer skills to input and access data via computer interface.
- Must be a self-starter, ambitious, and a conscientious individual with a very high attention to detail.
- Able to list 50 pounds and work with heavy equipment, tooling and fixtures.
- Work is performed in an office, clean room, laboratory, manufacturing floor or machine shop environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful candidate will have completed a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
AERO: Most Wanted
Job Classified as Most Wanted - $5,000 Referral Fee
Job Title: Technician III-Test - Program Operations (663401) Security Clearance Required
Job ID: 663401
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time