Microsemi Corporation Technical Program Manager in Boulder, Colorado
Microsemi Corp (NASDAQ: MSCC), Frequency and Timing Division is the world leader in
precise time solutions and sets the world's standard for time. The company generates, distributes and applies precise time for the communications, aerospace/defense, IT infrastructure, and metrology industries.
Microsemi's Government Systems group is seeking a Technical Program Manager to lead a new customer funded development program in the field of timing, communications, and navigation systems. Microsemi is expanding with new contracts in the areas of digital signal processing, satellite communications, airborne timing, and navigation systems.
The successful candidate must have experience leading complex multidisciplinary development and installation programs. He/she will take the program from award through final delivery following a structured set of customer milestones. Knowledge and experience leading teams through system requirements reviews, preliminary design reviews, critical design reviews, and test readiness reviews are required. The successful candidate will be the primary interface with the customer and is expected to be an excellent communicator with an up to date understanding of program schedule, technical status, and risks. The technical program manager will also track program costs and report progress, including the cost estimate at completion to management. A minimum of a bachelor's degree in engineering is required. We are looking for a leader who is confident in assuming responsibility for project success in a highly results driven environment. Applicants must be comfortable working across engineering disciplines in a team environment and have effective written and oral communication skills.
People who enjoy technical achievement, cooperative research, and market leading product development excel at Microsemi. The work environment is fast paced with tangible success criteria and performance driven rewards. Every member of our team directly contributes to the success of the group.
- Program management experience in a structured, multidisciplinary, aerospace/defense style development environment.
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline.
- 5 or more years of related technical program management experience in integrated electronic/mechanical/software systems.
- Skilled in the use of MS Project, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, and MS Word.
- Effective English language written and oral communication skills.
- US Citizenship required.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Master's degree in an engineering discipline
- A background in timing and/or navigation systems
- System engineering experience
- PMI certification
- Current TS/SCI and/or DoD Top Secret clearance.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled