Google Technical Program Manager, Payments (Engineering Operations) in Boulder, Colorado
- BA/BS degree in a technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of industry experience in a technical program management, technical support, QA, professional services, engineering, sustaining engineering or systems engineering role.
- Experience with SQL.
- Data analysis skills, with the ability to make decisions based on data-sets.
- Ability to learn Payments-industry or Finance specific terminology and processes.
- Experience with coding in languages (e.g. Java etc.).
- Outstanding account management, follow-through, and resourcefulness along with good attention to detail.
- Ability to collaborate with teams across geographically dispersed functions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Google's projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus while being able to dive into the unique engineering challenges we face daily. As a Technical Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary engineering projects using your engineering expertise. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating them to project stakeholders. You're equally at home explaining your team's analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical trade-offs in product development with engineers.
In this role, you will combine technical program management, operational responsiveness, and finance troubleshooting, with an aptitude for software engineering, analysis, and troubleshooting.
You will work across multiple operations and engineering teams to improve the operational excellence of Payments for all of its customers (Google products, external products, and Google Pay users) and vendors (external banks, Payments processors etc.).
You really care about the customer who wins when you're able to execute on resolving issues and generalize to manage the creation and release of tools and automation that other operations teams can use to fix things faster.
The Google Product Infrastructure (GPI) team at Google is responsible for building infrastructure that powers Google's flagship products across the globe. We provide the cohesive set of shared Google technologies - such as identity, payments, notifications, and accounts - that work consistently across our platforms and enable Google's product teams to continue creating excellent products for billions of people seamlessly.
- Create and implement new operations tools and processes for increased efficiency/productivity for Payments Engineering team and other operations teams
- Obtain and maintain an in-depth understanding of Google's product technology and underlying hardware and software architectures, to project manage solutions
- Work closely with multiple Product Managers and Software Engineering teams on understanding root causes for problems then proposing features and process improvements
- Interact with Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) as well as Google Technical Services (gTech) and Finance Operations teams to drive new processes, tools and communications
- Be an advocate for clients, vendors and other operations / engineering teams, not only during outage/incident situations but also with ongoing support that facilitates information getting back into product requirements and feature request queues. Diagnose and resolve problems for Payments product(s), vendors and integration clients (oncall)