Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Tech Spec Assoc-Mechanical/ Machinist - (664872) in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Associate Technical Specialist – Mechanical
What You’ll Do:
- Perform mechanical assembly operations including bonding, staking, torqueing and critical moves.
- Work to detailed drawings in a clean room environment interfacing with personnel from different disciplines.
- Perform critical match machine operations to tolerances less that .001 inch
- Generate workflow and manufacturability aspects for program scheduling purposes
- Maintain electronic build documents, required logs, records and reports in accordance with company policies and government regulations
- Review and correctly interpret schematics, drawings, specifications, and procedures
- Design and fabricate basic holding fixtures
- May make suggestions relating to the machining, fabrication and assembly to perform the most intricate machining and assemblies
- May also perform functions in various work centers.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units/Strategic Support Units, and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- High School Diploma or equivalent and 10 years or more related experience or 2 years related technical school and 8 years’ experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience with machine shop equipment including 2 axis CNC milling machines and tool room lathes
- Must be willing to travel and support complex field operations for flight hardware from delivery, launch, and post launch operations.
- Ability to function in a team environment interfacing effectively with both customers and team mates from different disciplines.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, clean room, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Tech Spec Assoc-Mechanical/ Machinist - (664872)
Job ID: 664872
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time