University of Colorado System Engineer in Boulder, Colorado
System Engineer for proposal developments.
• Lead the systems engineering effort for designated proposals, from kick‐off to proposal submission.
• Architect the technical implementation that meets stakeholder needs, within cost, schedule, and technical constraints.
• Take ownership of the technical aspects of assigned solicitation responses and ensure successful completion on time.
• Support development of science, cost, heritage, sections needing technical input.
• Facilitate capture teams by coordinating technical team efforts that result in a concept implementation that closes.
• Support Capture Review﴾s﴿ and Color Team Reviews for assigned proposal by representing the technical implementation.
• Discover the needs of the customer by asking the right questions, articulating solutions, and suggesting the right solution.
• Responsible for prioritizing efforts to meet dynamic workload and schedule shifts
• Work with little to no direction or guidance to identify, structure and articulate a winning approach.
• Ensure proposal meets all requirements.
• Recommend proposal and project improvements
• Develop and maintain technical budgets and supporting products for proposal efforts.
Required Qualifications Education and Years of Experience:
• B.A./B.S. Degree
• Minimum of 10 years of aerospace industry experience with two or more years of proposal experience.
• A dynamic, hands‐on leader capable of instilling passion to win, excellence, adherence to deadlines, accountability, and success.
• Experience architecting mission or system concepts that meet stakeholder functional and performance needs.
• Experience developing responses to solicitations in a similar organization servicing Federal Government announcements of opportunity.
• Experience developing compliance matrices, outlines, storyboards, page allocation, themes, discriminators, etc.
• Works independently to identify, structure, and articulate a winning approach for solicitation responses.
• Experience assessing technical, financial, schedule, or other associated risks with solicitations.
• Has working knowledge of NASA standards and specifications.
• Experience interviewing customers to ensure understanding of requirements and development of effective solutions.
• Demonstrated effective communication skills, both written and verbal, with emphasis on articulating and writing effectively and efficiently.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office tools including Project, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Experience developing presentations for project leadership.
• Proven ability to work under pressure, delivering high quality work consistently against tight deadlines.
• Basic knowledge of federal government contracting acquisition and proposal processes, and experience with large proposal efforts.
Due to U.S. Export Control Restrictions, only U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents may apply.
• Experience as lead or deputy systems engineer on mission or system.
• Able to transition into Lead System Engineer for a development program if needed.
Organization: *B0001 -- Boulder Campus
Title: System Engineer
Requisition ID: 13827