Microsemi Corporation Sr. Systems Engineer in Boulder, Colorado
Microsemi Corp (NASDAQ: MSCC), Frequency and Timing Division is a world leader in precise time solutions and sets the world's standard for time. The company generates, distributes and applies precise time for the communications, aerospace/defense, IT infrastructure, and metrology industries. Microsemi's customers, from communications service providers and network equipment manufacturers to governments and their suppliers worldwide, are able to build more reliable networks and systems by using the company's advanced timing technologies, atomic clocks, services and solutions. Microsemi products support today's precise timing standards, including GPS-based timing, IEEE 1588 (PTP), Network Time Protocol (NTP), and Synchronous Ethernet.
Our Government Systems group is seeking a Sr. Systems Engineer to manage and contribute to technical R&D programs in the field of timing and communications systems. We are expanding the systems engineering department with new contracts in the areas of digital signal processing, and Positioning, Navigation, and Timing (PNT) and will be adding an engineer to lead and perform technical work. The successful candidate must be able to represent the company and the programs in a detailed technical fashion both internally and externally. Applicant must be comfortable taking responsibility for a small team on highly technical work and producing results in a fast paced environment. This position focuses on successfully working with cross-functional development teams to meet customer and project objectives. The systems engineer will be expected to follow and improve best practices in the systems engineering design process, including methodologies for requirements definition, design documentation, verification and validation.
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in the Systems Engineering process, including requirements definition, design, implementation, verification, and test
Established expertise in one or more of the following technical areas:
GPS / GNSS application to time and positioning systems
- Positioning, Navigation, and Timing (PNT) technology for mobile applications
- Precise time and frequency technology
- Digital Signal Processing
- Satellite Communications
- Control Theory
- Established track record of technical leadership and detailed individual contribution
- Ability to effectively convey engineering principles and results in written and verbal formats, using Microsoft Office tools (Word, Power Point, Visio, etc.)
- U.S. Citizenship required.
Additional Qualifications of Interest:
- Experience with simulation, data processing, and analysis, especially in Python or Matlab
- Experience with precision measurement technologies, particularly including time intervals, frequency stability, spectrum analysis, impedance, isolation, gain
- Ability to efficiently operate in a Linux/Unix environment
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled