Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace RF Communications System Staff Consultant (664242) - Security clearance required in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Spacecraft RF Communication Staff Consultant
This leadership position is for a highly-experienced engineer who can lead the Communication (Comm) subsystem team to define requirements, develop the architecture, implement the design, and verify the subsystem for a spacecraft. Also, includes technical responsibilities for space vehicle to ground system functionality and performance.
What You’ll Do:
- Comm technical lead - This position is 70% technical and 30% management.
- Work daily with the larger Comm team on technical definition, implementation, and verification.
- Establish strong working relationships with system engineering team, integration and test team, and peers for the other spacecraft subsystems, including payloads.
- Prepare and manage system architecture and interfaces. A strong hardware background is required.
- Generate verification and validation plans, and work with Integration and Test team to ensure the system meets requirements.
- Present architecture, implementation, and verification to customer.
- Collaborate with the spacecraft system engineers on technology insertion into new bus architectures.
- Extensive technical writing (Proposal development, Contractual elements, procedural definitions, specifications, interfaces, analysis support and description documents).
- Prepare and give presentations to peers, management and customers.
- Mentor and coach junior-level and senior-level system engineers.
- Maintain a regular and predictable schedule.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS in Engineering or a related technical field is preferred plus 16 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Current Top Secret/SCI security clearance required.
- Minimum of 8 years of direct experience in RF or Comm subsystem design or test.
- A solid understanding of all aspects of requirements definition, decomposition, and flow-down, architectural trade studies, architectural and interface definition, hardware specifications, interface control, analyses, and verification.
- Knowledge of electronics designed for EMI/EMC/ESD compliance.
- Proven expertise in subcontract management.
- Extensive experience with defining, developing and delivering space qualified hardware – antennas, modulators, demodulators, transponders, waveguide, or coax cabling.
- Intellectual curiosity combined with a strong desire to learn.
- Strong oral, written, and presentation skills.
- Effective in multidisciplinary large team work environment with broad responsibilities and minimal oversight.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful candidate will have completed a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: RF Communications System Staff Consultant (664242) - Security clearance required
Job ID: 664242
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time