Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Quality Assurance-Associate Hardware Quality Engineer (664664) in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Associate Engineer – Quality
Perform assurance activities for engineering design and developmental tasks, systems analysis and design, and software and/or hardware development, individual component level, sub-system level to system level manufacturing, test and integration, for all phases, systems, programs and or products.
What You’ll Do:
- Work as part of a program team during all phases of the lifecycle assessing the planning for and implementation of the process for compliance with good engineering practices.
- Participate in design reviews, testing, configuration control, problem reporting and resolution, and change control.
- Audit, monitor, evaluate, and report on subcontractor activities.
- Interface with design, manufacturing, and test engineering as well as configuration management.
- Ensure the producibility of designs and products.
- Compile and evaluate design and data to determine adequacy and completeness of the product or software and the engineering effectiveness of the results compared to requirements and specifications.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Must possess good interpersonal skills and be able to work in, and contribute to a diverse and cross functional team environment.
- A demonstrated ability to understand aerospace and defense industry and government specifications and standards and the requirements contained therein that guide the design, build, and test of hardware.
- A demonstrated ability to understand Quality Engineering (QE) principles, tools, methods, and standards.
- Must be willing to take initiative, be able to complete tasks in a timely manner, and have good time management skills.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, and a capacity for attending to details are a must.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Quality Assurance-Associate Hardware Quality Engineer (664664)
Job ID: 664664
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time