Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace QC Inspector IV-Quality Assurance (663357) in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
QC Inspector IV
Provide inspection of materials, articles, processes, or tests in order to assure compliance to established requirements.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop & maintain working knowledge of Ball Process Library.
- Create and maintain First Article Inspection Reports, as required.
- Accept or reject materials or articles; identify and document non-conformances to engineering, specifications, & standards and notify appropriate personnel of potential rejection of items
- Apply/enforce/comprehend accept/reject criteria and revision status from engineering drawings, MIL-specs, screening specs, or process certification training.
- Witness or monitor functional/performance testing at sub-assembly and/or end-item level.
- Obtain and maintain all certification process certifications required for assigned tasks.
- Perform Final Inspection and review documentation required for end-item shipments.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with customer counterparts, within the department, the programs/work centers and the company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary
What You’ll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 8 years or more related experience or a related 2-year technical degree and 6 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Substantial level of competency in Quality Control (QC) principles, tools (i.e. micrometers, calipers, etc.), and standards
- Ability to independently resolve most QC related issues to closure or conclusion
- Initiative and independence in areas of expertise and knowledge
- Familiarity with basic computer usage for data entry and required employee interaction (i.e. email, timekeeping, inspection results)
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- May also perform functions in various work centers.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: QC Inspector IV-Quality Assurance (663357)
Job ID: 663357
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time