Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Process Center Technical Specialist II (663759) in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Process Center Technical Specialist II
What you’ll do:
- Provide technical oversight and expertise to Process Center operations
- Support the Process Control Engineer by providing technical input to hardware dispositions, engineering documentation, and suggestions for hardware processing to improve the producibility of operations.
- Provide technical guidance and leadership for the technician team in the lab, and ensure all technicians in the lab are trained and equipped to perform their assigned operations.
- Identify and help justify new equipment and capabilities to further enhance the lab’s operational excellence.
- Partner with M&P; to audit processes in the lab to ensure industry best practices are incorporated into our operations and being followed by all team members; help close any identified gaps through process enhancement, equipment procurement, and training.
- Collaborate with the PCE to contribute to development/maturation of process specifications, and to the disposition of anomalous hardware, with an emphasis on technical writing and communication.
- Develop technical skillsets of other technicians in the department to perform all operations in the Critical Clean lab.
- Collaborate with and support other Mfg Ops work centers to develop ability to support all operations with a high degree of quality.
- Generate workflow and manufacturability aspects for program scheduling purposes.
- Review and correctly interpret schematics, drawings, specifications, and procedures.
- Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform functions in various work centers; encourage cross-training for the entire team and lead by example in this regard.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units/Strategic Support Units, and the Company. Interact appropriately with others to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Optimize operational effectiveness by improving communication, cross-training, morale, equipment, and infrastructure.
- Ensure the shops remains compliant to AS 9100 standards
- Actively participate in continuous improvement projects; develop solutions to risks and opportunities identified in work centers, promote use of Lean and 6-Sigma tools / techniques.
- Help further develop and improve Total Productive Maintenance plan, reduce unplanned downtime, and manage to and report TPM performance metrics.
- Support the development of new manufacturing capabilities
- Work with engineering to investigate new tools, equipment and new manufacturing techniques to lead the operations into the future. Develop cost benefits required to implement new or existing technology upgrades. Understand and execute risk and opportunity analysis and action plans.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent and 14 or more years of experience, or a two-year technical degree with 12 or more years.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, clean room, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Process Center Technical Specialist II (663759)
Job ID: 663759
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time