Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Principal Technical Specialist- Mechanical (663892) in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
*Principal Technical Specialist - Mechanical *
*What You’ll Do: *
- Produce significant design and development models and associated drawings.
- Effort includes designing to meet cost and schedule projections.
- Attend department, internal working group, CAD user group, and program meetings.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the SBU/SSU, and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
*What You’ll Need: *
- High School diploma or equivalent and 18 or more years of related experience, or a two-year technical degree with 16 or more years of related experience is required.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Complete understanding of design process and ability to work independently.
- Ability to define and coordinate what is needed from other disciplines.
- Proficiency in SolidWorks CAD software packages.
- Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work several tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to isolate, identify, and solve problems.
- Ability to interact effectively with other disciplines.
- Ability to produce concise, error free work.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, clean room, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Principal Technical Specialist- Mechanical (663892)
Job ID: 663892
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time