Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Principal PWB Designer (663604) in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
*Principal PWB Designer *
*What You'll Do: *
- Work in a team environment providing layout and documentation support for Aerospace/RF/Mil-Spec and commercial PCB designs.
- Tasks may include schematic capture, component placement, trace routing and documentation.
- Interface with Electrical Engineers, Structural and Thermal Analysts, Materials and Process Control, PWB Fabrication and PWA manufacturing.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
*What You'll Need: *
- High School diploma or equivalent and 18 or more years of related experience, or a two-year technical degree with 16 or more years of experience is required.
- Minimum of 8 years PCB design experience utilizing Mentor Expedition or Cadence Allegro ECAD software.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office tools and Mentor Graphics/Cadence Allegro PCB Design and schematic capture tools, Gerbtool and AutoCAD.
- Candidate must be familiar with MIL-STD and IPC specifications.
- Knowledge of GD&T; is beneficial.
- ECAD library part creation beneficial.
- Must be able to correctly interpret input and work directly on a wide variety of design technologies.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Experience with signal integrity issues, current carrying capabilities, blind and buried via, imbedded passives, microvia and HDI requirements.
- In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered. Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, clean room, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Principal PWB Designer (663604)
Job ID: 663604
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time