Ricoh Americas Corporation Machine Vision Intern in Boulder, Colorado
Internship Program Overview Our interns will apply their education to meaningful projects in a team environment alongside a technical mentor. You will be exposed to many levels of management within our company concluding with an end of summer presentation to the executive team. Throughout the summer you will have the opportunity to acquire technical and professional skills, to participate in team building activities, and to enjoy social events in the Rocky Mountain region.
Internship Position Description Imaging & Color Science Engineering Internship position to develop engineering solutions on complex machine vision prototypes, with a focus on research and development. This position requires the entry-level ability to develop novel solutions utilizing machine vision and machine learning technologies to create integrated automation solutions.
Requires general engineering analysis to solve machine vision system problems. Basic R&D skills, including optical, mechanical and software skills are a plus. Requires a team player with analytical and problem solving skills.
- Work with the development teams to implement strategic and unique solutions
- Prepare and present detailed test reports for management, and engineering teams as required
- Optimization of machine vision systems via standard techniques as well as machine learning applications
- Bachelor's candidate in Mechanical/Electrical/Electronic Imaging Engineering or Physics, with a background in applied mathematics
- General prototyping skills using MATLAB, Python or other equivalent development tools
- Excellent programming skills using C/C++
- Excellent understanding of computer vision and machine/deep learning techniques.
- Flexible and self-motivated -- with a problem solver's altitude
- Ability to work independently and collaborate cross-functionally in a team environment
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Master's/PhD candidate in Imaging and Color Science, Signal/Image processing or Physics
- Knowledge of SDK development
- Familiarity with electronic imaging devices such as machine vision cameras, spectrophotometers, densitometers, etc
- Engineering major or similar program
- Candidate must be currently enrolled in an accredited college or university, or enrolled to continue their education in an accredited graduate program
Students must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher Students are to successfully complete all required screenings prior to hire
Ricoh Overview Ricoh is a global technology company specializing in office imaging equipment, production print solutions, document management systems and IT services. Headquartered in Tokyo, Ricoh Group operates in more than 200 countries. Ricoh Americas is a strategic business unit within the Ricoh Family Group of Companies. Ricoh spans across a wide range of output solution environments. We offer many software, hardware, and professional services solutions. The Boulder facility has opportunities in software development, printer product development, quality assurance, and Professional Services consulting and delivery.
Our facility in scenic Boulder, Colorado houses hundreds of professional employees. Located in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains the area combines high-technology with stunning beauty and a reputation as one of the world's best cities for outdoor recreation. Boulder provides a perfect excuse to find your work/life balance.
Ricoh provides an opportunity to join a global team developing and delivering some of the most advanced output technologies and solutions in the print and imaging marketplace. Our employees represent some of the industry's most innovative thought leaders and patent holders.
More information can be found online at:
Ricoh is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer -- Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.