Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Instrument Systems Engineer II (665373) - Security clearance required in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Instrument Systems Engineer II
What You’ll Do:
- Enable the advancement of knowledge in earth and planetary science, astrophysics, and national security.
- Contribute to, and lead, multi-disciplinary teams in detailed design, analysis, optimization, and testing of instrument system/subsystem performance and operation.
- Gather needs and input from stakeholders, and translate them into system designs and instrument performance budgets.
- Manage requirements over the program lifecycle – including requirement elicitation, architecture, definition, analysis, allocation, traceability, verification, and validation.
- Identify system/subsystem interfaces and work with technical experts to ensure proper documentation, maintenance, and flow of information.
- Lead risk management activities to plan, monitor, and control opportunities and threats.
- Track and manage project changes to facilitate scope control, process improvement, document traceability, and quality assurance.
- Understand and support system architecture trades concerning orbits, constellations, and instrument performance.
- Deliver presentations to internal/external customers in both informal and formal settings.
- Support integration and test activities.
- Mentor less experienced engineers in best systems engineering practices, and seek mentorship from others to guide your own career development.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 5 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Familiarity and experience in space instrumentation and payload engineering, including, but not limited to: imaging, data acquisition and analysis, systems architecture and design, systems engineering, integration and test.
- Current Top Secret/SCI security clearance is required
- Self-starter attitude and drive to reach beyond typical job responsibilities and deliver results.
- Big picture mentality and ability to help others maintain a strong technical vision of the end product.
- A strong technical foundation – people who learn and grow
- Good communication skills, including the ability to understand the customer’s needs and clearly describe proposed solutions.
- Good writing and presentation skills with experience communicating to senior decision-makers and technical audiences.
- A desire to learn - our culture fosters intellectual curiosity in a highly collaborative environment
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful candidate will have completed a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Instrument Systems Engineer II (665373) - Security clearance required
Job ID: 665373
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time