Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Industrial Operations Manager (663748) in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Industrial Operations Manager
Industrial Operations (IO) is a strategic group of Industrial Engineering professionals who are dedicated to the operational effectiveness of Ball Aerospace. The function reports into Manufacturing and Test Operations (MTO) and is responsible for creating and implementing strategies that ensure effective and efficient factory work flows within our north and south campus manufacturing and test facilities. In addition, this role manages the critical operational functions that integrate factory execution with the enterprise.
What You’ll Do:
- Influence, facilitate, and align customer value through strategic planning, and standardized practices to continually increase Ball Aerospace EVA.
- Ensure program space and facility requirements are identified early, efficiently planned, and effectively transitioned into our Boulder and Westminster manufacturing, integration, and test facilities.
- Define, analyze, allocate and control factory space for the execution of over 250 Ball Aerospace programs.
- Work closely with operations managers and facility stakeholders to create and implement innovative solutions to optimize factory space and execution.
- Manage a team of 10 Industrial Engineers and the essential functions of the discipline.
- Drive the simultaneous execution of numerous high value capital improvement projects.
- Drive the creation of a world class project management function within Industrial Operations.
- Champion enterprise level operation tool improvements with a focus on improving operational execution.
- Perform in the collateral role of MTO Risk Manager reducing probability and impact of operational risks.
- Create, justify, and manage the MTO capital equipment portfolio.
- Improve cross functional operational synergies by partnering with business unit peers and drive towards the adoption of standardization and best practices.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, the Strategic Support Units, and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in related field, such as Engineering Management or Business Administration, plus 10 years or more related experience. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e. Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Demonstrated experience of accomplishment at leading world class manufacturing, operations, and facilities functions.
- Demonstrated history of creating strong relationships within a comprehensive network.
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP) is highly desired.
- Six Sigma Black Belt is highly desired.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Industrial Operations Manager (663748)
Job ID: 663748
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time