Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Engineering Aide I-Configuration & Data Management (663575) in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Engineering Aide I – Configuration & Data Management
Under the supervision of a configuration and data management manager or designated C&DM; team member, provide technical and administrative support to engineers in support of C&DM; processes and program goals.
What You’ll Do:
- Perform a variety of configuration and data management (C&DM;) activities supporting multiple programs.
- Utilize basic engineering and configuration and data management procedures in support of program engineers and team members
- Review and assess data integrity against standards, and train others to understand and adhere to those standards.
- Arrange configuration control board meetings, coordinate engineering drawing review and sign-off.
- Maintain required configuration records.
- Operate, input and manage configuration and documentation status using electronic systems.
- Prepare and ship data items in accordance with contract requirements. Prepare letters of transmittal.
- Gather and provide necessary data and engineering items to support technical meetings.
- Assist in preparation for customer meetings.
- Support program staff in understanding and utilization of database tools and processes.
- Maintain a regular and predictable schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent. STEM, Configuration and Data Management, Logistics or related experience is a plus.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor's or Master's, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- A Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline is desired, but not required.
- Attention to detail, cost conscious mindset, self-motivation and go-getter attitude is required.
- Ability to track and complete multiple tasks from multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and facilitator.
- Must be a strong team player, professional and conscientious.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Willingness to volunteer assistance when it has not been explicitly requested.
- Fluent user of Microsoft Office products (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) and comfortable learning new databases.
- Work is performed in an office, clean room, or production environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Engineering Aide I-Configuration & Data Management (663575)
Job ID: 663575
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time