Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Engineer II-Electrical System Integration & Test (664291) in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
*Engineer II – Electrical System Integration & Test *
*What You’ll Do: *
- Lead the design and development efforts for a spacecraft or instrument Integration and Test (I&T;) program.
- Conduct functional and environmental testing on spacecraft or instruments and related electronic, electro-mechanical, or electro-optic components and systems.
- Generate, interpret, implement, and monitor test requirements from system, detail design, and contract specifications.
- Author test plans and write, review, update, and implement test procedures for the purpose of prototype, qualification, and acceptance testing.
- Maintain required test engineering logs, records and author test summary reports.
- Provide technical oversight and support to technicians and engineers.
- Lead the design, development, build, and certification of automated electrical ground support equipment.
- Provide technical and cost guidance to new business pursuits and proposals.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
*What You’ll Need: *
- BS in Engineering or a related technical field is required, plus 5 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Experience in key electrical systems design for space avionics, point and tracking, and sensors, and circuit designs such as microprocessors, FPGAs, command and telemetry designs such as MIL-STD-1553, LVDS, VME, cPCI, low noise analog, 1394 "firewire", and custom designs are desirable.
- Hands-on experience in the testing of spacecraft or instrument related electronic and electro-mechanical components and systems.
- Experience in procedure development for Ground Support Equipment (GSE) supporting flight hardware Test.
- Experience in environmental test design.
- Good planning and organization skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to supervise large teams of technicians and senior-level engineers of multiple disciplines.
- Proven experience with establishing and controlling schedule and budget.
- Knowledge of MIL-STD 1540 and MIL-STD 810.
- Experience in the complete life cycle of electronics development: requirements definition, architectural design, detailed design and analysis, manufacturing, test, integration, and post-delivery support.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Engineer II-Electrical System Integration & Test (664291)
Job ID: 664291
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time