Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Engineer Associate-Manufacturing (663956) in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Engineer Associate – Manufacturing
Perform analysis, planning, control and improvement of manufacturing and test operations, focusing on Material Management and flow for program operations to avoid delays and program disruptions. This will evolve from simply running MRP tools to program part substitutions, risk and schedule management and finally manage the Operational baseline of program materials.
What you’ll do:
- Improve and modify product designs assuring manufacturability; reduce product costs, meet program delivery requirements, and assure rigorous quality requirements are efficiently met through the application of professionally accepted industrial techniques, practices, and procedures.
- Develop, maintain, and enforce effective and efficient manufacturing processes, instructions, flows, systems, and facilities that meet program, customer, and government compliance requirements.
- Develop and maintain detailed production plans, manufacturing schedules, and factory forecasts in support of program and enterprise level operations.
- Develop, maintain, and enforce processes that effectively control company- and customer-owned material, property, and assets.
- Analyze, evaluate, and formally present innovative improvements to operational processes, instructions, and approaches that are required for meeting contract specifications for new or modified products and systems.
- Compile and evaluate manufacturing data to determine adequacy of the product or process as compared to requirements and specifications.
- Lead multifunctional teams of engineers, planners, technicians, and inspectors through multiple phases of product realization.
- Ensure that all manufacturing procedures and processes conform to company and/or contract requirements for quality and performance.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you’ll need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required.
- Experience in Aerospace or project Manufacturing is preferred.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Engineer Associate-Manufacturing (663956)
Job ID: 663956
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time