SRI International Embedded Machine Learning Research Engineer II in Boulder, Colorado
Embedded Machine Learning Research Engineer II
Embedded Machine Learning Research Engineer
SRI International's Advanced Technology and Systems Division (ATSD) performs research across a wide range of disciplines. SRI specializes in transitioning technology from basic R&D to fieldable prototypes for both US government and commercial customers.
Our SRI office in Boulder, CO has an immediate opening for a Research Engineer within ATSD in the Applied Physics Laboratory. The Applied Physics Lab conducts R&D in radar, communications, Positioning, Navigation, and Timing (PNT), Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR), quantum sensing, and machine learning. The Research Engineer will utilize real time embedded signal processing and machine learning on current radar projects and conduct business development to capture new programs in the broader field of RF systems, including communications and electronic warfare. Will start as an individual contributor on current R&D programs, and will be supported to grow into a Principal Investigator role in the future if interested.
New graduates who do not have all the required experience but feel they can grow into this role are encouraged to apply.
Auto req ID:
--U.S. Citizenship required., --Ability to transfer/obtain/maintain a U.S. government security clearance required. See http://www.dss.mil/psmo-i/ps_faqs.html
• BS Electrical Engineering or related engineering discipline with 2 years related experience; MS or PhD
• Due to government requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required
• Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance
• Experience with either or both of the following:
o Embedded systems – real time Linux, FPGA, and/or GPU systems
o Machine Learning – classification, prediction, practical implementation
• An active Secret government clearance and experience with classified RF work
• Customer briefing and presenting experience
• Prior experience contributing to Government-funded R&D programs and proposals
• Clear, concise communication of radar and communications control interfaces
• Digital Signal Processing (DSP) theory and implementation
• C/C++, Python, Matlab, and/or Julia coding experience
• Detailed knowledge of one or more RF protocol physical layer
• Conducting careful, detailed, results-oriented work
• Working in a team environment and managing multiple priorities
• Communicating and presenting technical ideas to both engineering peers, as well as outside stakeholders who may not be experts in your field
SRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Candidates who receive a conditional offer of employment will be subject to a background check.