Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Electronic Technician III (664048) in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
*Technician III- Electronic Design Development *
What you’ll do:
- Fabricate test cables, assemble STE/GSE.
- Perform certification of STE/GSE, and perform board level electronic testing using test procedures.
- Execute standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements for electronics hardware testing.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you’ll need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 6 or more years of related experience, or a 2-year technical degree plus 4 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Proficiency at using test instruments such as DMM’s, oscilloscopes, and operating Lab view based GUI software for testing is must.
- Excellent handling skills for testing STE/GSE and board testing required.
- High degree of experience as a test conductor testing flight hardware while exercising the proper protocols for ESD and safety.
- Ability to read and follow complex schematics, assembly drawings, and execute test procedures.
- Expert skills at the fabrication and assembly of GSE test sets, STE racks, and J-STD solder of cable assemblies.
- Must be competent at operating DMM’s, digital oscilloscopes, functional generators, and programmable power supplies.
- Demonstrate a good working knowledge of Microsoft operating system (Windows 7) and MS Office suites Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google searches of data sheets.
- Willingness to learn Ball process software tools like Agile and Velocity.
- Ability to pass and maintain in house certifications, and J-STD workmanship standards and complete significant test certification tasks and testing with little supervision.
- Demonstrate a good working relationship with other disciplines. Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of program personnel and management is required.
- Work is performed in an office, clean room, laboratory, manufacturing floor or machine shop environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Electronic Technician III (664048)
Job ID: 664048
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time