Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Command & Data Handling Subsystem Senior Engineer (662726) - Security clearance required in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
TT&C; / Command & Data Handling Senior Engineer
This leadership position is for a highly-experienced engineer who can lead the Command & Data Handling (CDH) subsystem team to define requirements, develop the architecture, implement the design, and verify the subsystem for a spacecraft.
What You’ll Do:
- CDH technical lead - This position is 70% technical and 30% management.
- Work daily with the larger CDH team on technical definition, implementation, and verification.
- Establish strong working relationships with system engineering team, integration and test team, and peers for the other spacecraft subsystems.
- Prepare and manage subsystem architecture and interfaces. A strong hardware backgrounds is required.
- Generate verification and validation plans, and work with Integration and Test team to ensure the subsystem meets requirements.
- Present architecture, implementation, and verification to customer.
- Collaborate with the spacecraft system engineers on technology insertion into new bus architectures.
- Extensive technical writing (Proposal development, Contractual elements, procedural definitions, specifications, interfaces, analysis support and description documents).
- Prepare and give presentations to peers, management and customers.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 8 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e. Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Current Top Secret/SCI security clearance required.
- Minimum of 6 years of direct experience in electronics or avionics subsystem design or test.
- A solid understanding of all aspects of requirements definition, decomposition, and flow-down, architectural trade studies, architectural and interface definition, hardware specifications, interface control, analyses, and verification.
- Knowledge of electronics designed for EMI/EMC/ESD compliance.
- Proven expertise in subcontract management.
- Extensive experience with defining, developing and delivering space qualified hardware.
- Intellectual curiosity combined with a strong desire to learn.
- Strong oral, written, and presentation skills.
- Effective in multidisciplinary large team work environment with broad responsibilities and minimal oversight.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, clean room, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful candidate will have completed a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Command & Data Handling Subsystem Senior Engineer (662726) - Security clearance required
Job ID: 662726
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time