Raytheon Technologies Principal Cyber Engineer - Cost Account Manager in Aurora, Colorado
Raytheon Intelligence and Space (RIS)
builds world class satellite ground systems and counters national security threats through cyber solutions .
Together, we will support critical missions, develop solutions and shape products of the future.
Click here to view a brief video and learn more:
Raytheon Intelligence and Space (RIS) is looking for a Cyber Engineer - CAM to join the Cyber Security Engineering team in Information Assurance supporting the development/maintenance of custom solutions and Assessment & Authorization (A&A) activities in Aurora, Colorado.
Key responsibilities include:
• Planning, scheduling, and executing Assessment & Authorization (A&A) activities • Security compliance & vulnerability scanning/remediation across multiple platforms and networks • Preparing for, supporting and/or leading Security Test & Evaluation activities for program sell-off of security related requirements • Applying knowledge of current IA policies as a contributor to the architecture and design of secure solutions to customer needs and requirements • Performing hands-on technical implementation of security solutions comprised of COTS & FOSS as well as custom-developed products • Preparing for, writing, and presenting trade studies, cost benefit analyses, reports and briefings as required • Engage in CAM duties: -
Conduct baseline change management; -
Identify root causes of baseline variance and propose / oversee implementation of corrective action plans; - Generate quarterly estimates at complete (EAC); -
Provide timely input to program financial control and schedule planning activities.
Support requests for change (RFC) in the development of Engineering Change Proposals.
Must be a US Citizens with a current/active Secret
• Bachelors degree and demonstrated experience in cyber security to include practices/methodologies, associated technologies, application design, and/or experience in an operational environment including NIST &/or ICD 503 guidelines, directives and security mandates •
Experience managing Resources, Costs, and Schedule execution and subsequent performance for areas of responsibility in a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
Previous experience with program operations related Earned Value functions including Finance, Planning, Estimating, Contracts, and/or Supply Chain Management.
• Experience with cyber security engineering projects and programs for U.S. Government and/or commercial clients. • Experience planning, scheduling, and executing Assessment & Authorization (A&A) activities, including the development of System Security Plans (SSP) and other supporting documentation (SP800-57, ICD503 preferred) • Strong understanding of security design and architecture with ability to develop solutions to moderately complex IS compliance and security problems • Experience using Tenable Nessus/Security Center/ ACAS preferred for security compliance/vulnerability assessment scanning but experience with similar products is acceptable • Must be a self-starter capable of multitasking and efficiently managing your time and leading technical projects in a dynamic environment while requiring minimal levels of supervision • Ability to work in a team environment and work collaboratively across traditional engineering disciplines • Demonstrated experience performing vulnerability assessment/remediation including the coordination or performance of patch/configuration deployments across multiple platforms • Demonstrated leadership experience with excellent interpersonal skills • Excellent written & oral communication skills, including
presentation skills • Security Certification in accordance to DoD 8570.01 IAT-II or higher (e.g. Security+ CE, SSCP, etc.; CISSP is preferable)
• Must be a U.S. citizen with an active
• Experience in systems engineering, life-cycle management, & engineering change proposal processes • Hands-on technical experience as an individual contributor with documentation skills and experience in some of the following areas:
◦ Linux system administration
◦ Windows system administration
◦ Network component administration
◦ VMware administration
◦ Operating system hardening • COTS and FOSS patch management/deployment experience • Experience with highly ‘matrixed’ organizations • Ability to establish tasks and objectives with Lead Engineers and ensure the entire team understands and can work towards the vision and objectives • Previous experience in Verification, Validation and Accreditation • Experience in proactively analyzing and resolving problems relating to operational considerations, engineering drawings and associated hardware in relation to repair activities
• EVMS Certified
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM), with 8+ years of relevant work experience or a Master's Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM), with 6+ years of relevant work experience
This position requires a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.