M. C. Dean, Inc. Electrical Apprentice - Aurora, CO in Aurora, Colorado
Electrical Apprentice - Aurora, CO
M.C. Dean isBuilding Intelligence™.We design, build, operate, and maintain cyber-physical solutions for the nation’s most recognizable mission-critical facilities, secure environments, complex infrastructure, and global enterprises.
Our success relies on great people delivering innovative projects and solutions for Fortune 100 companies and the most recognized agencies in government, defense, and security.
Join our more than 3,600 employees worldwide who engineer and deploy automated, secure and resilient power and technology systems; and deliver the management platforms essential for long-term system sustainability. Together we are creating the integrated systems and technologies that shape the built and cyber-physical world.
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
A competitive salary
Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
401k Retirement Plan
Military Reserve pay offset
Paid maternity leave
The Apprentice I is responsible for assisting with the installation of systems and equipment as directed by their supervisor. Develops solutions to problems of limited scope. Working on personally developing telecom skills. All Apprentice I activities will be directly supervised. Works on a limited variety of straightforward jobs.
Responsible for but not limited to:1.Assisting in pulling various types of wiring.2.Assisting in Site Grounding3.Assisting in Pulling Low Voltage Cable4.Assisting in Prefab Assembly installation.5.Assisting in Core Drilling6.Assisting in the installation of Cable Tray.7.Installing Devices8.Maintaining clean work area.9.Securing company tools daily10.Assist with monthly tool checks11.Participating in Job site clean up12.Handling material.13.Preparing the work area.14.Demonstrating effective use of hand tools such as drill motors, sawzalls, hydraulic knockouts punches, etc.15.Wearing all Personal Safety Equipment16.Following safety policies and rules17.Reading, understanding and demonstrating use of Activity Hazard Analysis18.Demonstrating proper use and care of tools19.Displaying understanding of and following material safeguarding and storage practices20.Displaying understanding of and following equipment safety, safeguarding and storage.21.Assisting in all size of telecom wire pulling.22.Participating actively in Daily work briefings. Qualifications / Skills Sets / Expectations:
• High School diploma or GED required.
• Reliable Transportation
• Must successfully pass a background check and drug test
• Must have a valid driver's license
• $18.00 an hour for a first year apprentice to $21.50 for a forth year apprentice.
• Lifts at least 100 pounds at one time and 60 pounds for an extended period of time.
• Relocates a twelve foot stepladder without assistance.
• Works at various heights up to 60 feet and can climb and maintain balance on scaffolds, aerial lifts, catwalks and all types of ladders.
• Walks, climbs, lifts, squats, crawls, kneels, pushes, pulls and reaches overhead on a routine and repetitive basis.
• Possess good vision (may be corrected vision), the ability to see In color, and the ability to hear and communicate in English.
• May use a standard ladder while carrying tools.
• Must be committed to excellence and generate a high quality of work.
• Must consistently report to work on time, work well with other employees to accomplish a common goal, and maintain a safe work environment.
• Must wear an M.C. Dean, Inc. hard hat and safety glasses at all times while on the job site.
• Must wear OSHA approved boot length pants and a shirt that covers the shoulders by seven (7) inches. These are not provided by the Company.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/DisabledVEVRAA Contractor