Aspen Skiing Company Kitchen/Laundry Mechanic in Aspen, Colorado
Commercial kitchen equipment maintenance and repairs. i.e. Stoves, fryers, flattops, salamanders, ovens and all other types of equipment normally found in a commercial kitchen environment. Commercial laundry equipment maintenance and repairs. i.e. Commercial washers, driers and ironers and all other types of equipment normally found in a commercial laundry environment
Essential Job Functions
• Prioritize, organize and complete work orders
• Locate price and order replacement parts as needed
• Complete required paperwork in a timely and accurate fashion.
• Assists in the development and implementation of a comprehensive preventative maintenance program as it relates to laundry and kitchen assets
• Able to work without direct supervision
• Able to respond to emergency situations
• Maintains a polite and courteous attitude toward hotel guests
• Maintains a clear, uncluttered work area
• Able to perform duties of Assistant Chief Engineer in his absence.
• Works closely and in coordination with refrigeration Mechanic.
Additional Job Duties
• Make Manager aware of guest's comments and complaints
• Report to work in a neatly groomed and acceptable manner as outlined in the employee handbook
• Report to shift on time
• Comply with all policies and procedures for the Engineering Department, The Little Nell,and Aspen Skiing Company
• Is familiar with hotel fire and safety procedures
• Assist in emergency and security procedures as directed by management
• Perform a broad range of maintenance and repair duties in the hotel.
• Demonstrate leadership in instructing and performing routine maintenance on kitchen and laundry equipment.
• Complete tasks and projects delegated by your manager and assist other departments as business volumes and staff levels demand.
• Properly trained and experience in commercial kitchen equipment maintenance and repair
• Properly trained and experience in commercial laundry equipment maintenance and repairs
• Holds advanced CPR and First Aid certificates or willing to receive training within six months
• Possesses basic computer skills and knowledge of electrical and plumbing operations
• Able to lift heavy loads (75 pounds)
• Able to work from a ladder
• Kneeling, bending, and standing for extended periods